Although genetic screening is fairly easy to learn, there are some very important protocol that you will be required to know. Make sure you study the below information for your success.
A great resource to start with is our patient educational site. It is packed with great information and videos that you will be using to educate your patients. Visit the site at www.CareGeneticScreening.com
Above all do everything with the highest level of Honesty, Integrity and Humility. If you stick with those core values and understand the rules of this industry you'll be fine. Any deliberate violation will be grounds for immediate termination.
The below MUST be followed at all times:
1) ALWAYS protect and keep a patients personal information confidential. YOU MUST BE HIPAA CERTIFIED IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
2) NEVER tell a patient that the screening is "free". It is not free. Medicare pays a lot of money for this. You may say "IT IS OFFERED AT NO COST TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS".
3) NEVER offer ANYTHING to entice an individual to get the screening done. While at events or in a home this includes but is not limited to food, coffee, gift certificates, money or anything else that would appear to be enticing the patient to receive a screening. This is called payola and it is a crime. Don't go to jail and ruin your reputation and career by doing this.
4) NEVER represent yourself as a medical professional. We are Genetic Screening Advocates / Agents. We are NOT medical professionals.
5) NEVER sign a patients name on any document whether paper or electronic medical record
6) NEVER high pressure or manipulate someone into receiving the screening. Medicare is very sensitive to this. Simply educate and let them know that we have kits on hand so they can start the process if they so choose to.
7) NEVER solicit DOOR to DOOR. This is a felony and if caught you will be arrested.
8) Never falsify any patient information. You will be terminated immediately when caught.
9) ALWAYS treat the patients with the utmost respect and ALWAYS follow the Golden Rule!
For our testing purposes, here are the current Providers Possible:
Medicare Part B with or without a supplement plan - All States EXCEPT NY
Medicare Advantage PPO: Cigna, Aetna, Humana, United Health Care (UHC)
NO HMOs, BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD NOT ACCEPTED OUTSIDE OF FLORIDA.
* Medicaid is available in 10 states to agents who have submitted a minumum of 30 successful Medicare type B screenings.
LINK TO INSTANTLY CHECK THE PATIENTS INSURANCE:
A person’s unique genes tell a very important story about the risk of Cancer and other illnesses. Almost everyone has been affected by someone who has been diagnosed or passed away from cancer. CGX Screening can detect gene mutations in the earliest stages thus the importance of CGX screening for anyone who has had a history of hereditary cancer such as ENDOCRINE (THYROID/PITUITARY), BLADDER, OVARIAN/UTERINE, BREAST, COLON/COLORECTAL POLYPS, PROSTATE, STOMACH/GASTRIC, KIDNEY/RENAL, ENDOMETRIAL (UTERUS/UTERINE), and PANCREATIC in their family
How to get in front of large crowds of Seniors: CLICK HERE
This governmental website discusses ALL ABOUT Genetic Testing CLICK HERE
Informative video about Hereditary Cancers: CLICK HERE
Short video on CGx testing: CLICK HERE
Short video on PGx Testing: CLICK HERE
Another great video on PGx Testing: CLICK HERE
Great Video: "Medicare Explained" CLICK HERE
How to wet swab properly: CLICK HERE
Step-by-Step Swabbing Instructions: CLICK HERE
How to on-board local doctors' offices to create a marvelous residual income for yourself: CLICK HERE